Monday, March 10, 2008

A Big Weekend


What a tremendous weekend we have had! Mom and Dad went home on Saturday--Mom got to see her house for the first time in over a month! Cooper and Mazzie were extremely excited to see Mom...it had been quite a long hospital stay.


Nella and Keagan have been very busy in their fancy glass condos--AKA "isolettes." They have both come off their jaundice lights and had their IV's removed. All these changes allowed them to put on little outfits...about the sweetest things ever! This morning, their wonderful nurse noticed that they were extremely alert and sucking really well on their binkies...so, for fun, she tried to give them a bottle. They were incredible--Nella finished half of her bottle and Keagan finished an entire bottle! The doctor said they were "amazing little gals!" We happen to agree with her!


While we were there today we noticed how the girls are looking more and more alike. The doctor told us that the placental testing confirmed that--yes, they are truly identical! What a gift we have been given! Jeff is getting a little nervous that he's going to get them confused...and Schehera has already messed up and called Keagan by Nella's name. Oh, Dear!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, seriously, I know you have been through a lot...BUT THESE GIRLS ARE SO WORTH ALL OF IT! They are amazingly precious and I cannot wait to meet them. Thanks for keeping an update on the blog.

redcherry11 said...

Oh my word!!!! Look how beautiful all three of you are!!!! We have all been blessed by the McKasson family's presence in our lives and I just want to send you all BIG, WONDERFUL hugs! I'm so thankful that both the little cuties are doing great and hopefully they'll be able to come home soon!!! With all the love in my heart,
Amanda
p.s. I was at Walmart the other day looking at all the adorable little baby clothes and they definitely had all of their premie clothes on sale for $2.22 so I bought a couple pieces... I had to! So I'll just drop those by your house at some point! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited! Your babies are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to meet them and see you again! Congratulations again!
Love
Ryan

Happily Ever After said...

Holy smokes! They look like their mom!